Monday 26 November 2007

Email sent to Virgin Active regarding publicising the petition and their reaction to this.

Email below sent to Virgin Active regarding publicising the petition and their reaction to this:

Dear *****

After a long discussion with ***** and ***** at Virgin Active Oxford Street I will need some clarification and help on a couple of topics. Before I go into this, I wanted to firstly express my thanks to both ***** and ***** for taking the time to go though everything and express their point of view. The last thing I want to do is make their life any harder than it already is and that is why I have constantly asked for contacts further up the chain who are making the decisions. Unfortunately for myself and your club staff you have refused to provide me with this.

I do have to point out though that for a company who prides themselves on listening to customers and providing them with what theywant you are failing terribly. You are giving me the impression that not only are you not listening, not caring and seeing this as a real annoyance, you are also trying to prevent people from really expressing their views on this as a group. This perceived will to stifle any sort of group feeling on this is very very concerning and reflects extremely poorly on Virgin as a company.

Might I remind you that it was you as a company who decided to adjust things and remove the towels not the paying customer. The feeling that I am in some way being treated as a law breaker or a trouble maker who should be gagged at all costs for highlighting to you what is a very unpopular initiative is very concerning. As discussed with ***** and ***** I would like to know what your policy will be if I were to adorn a T shit while working out with the following written on it:

"Bring back the sweat towels
or
Give the savings to an environmental charity.
Sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/towels/ "

It has been highlighted that you may decide to cancel my membership with Virgin Active without my consent if I were to do this.

I trust that you will give this email the importance that many Club Members believe it deserves.

With thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards,

*****

No comments: