Monday 26 November 2007

And the Email reply back to the Virgin Active email

See below the Email reply back to the Virgin Active email that totally ignored the primary question regarding the T shirt:

Dear *****,

Thank you very much indeed for your detailed e mail below and forsetting out the perspective of the company in relation to the reduction in towels. There is one paragraph however, that I'm afraid I must seek clarification on, namely:

"We fully understand the opinions of our membership base on gym towels and there is no need to generate more ballot/vote style polls as itreally does distract our team from delivering excellent customer service and ensuring that every member has a great visit."

I am sure that if you are the type of company who does genuinely listen to its customers with the aim of delivering excellent customer service you will be perfectly aware that I am by no means a lone voice in my unhappiness over the reduction in towels. I raised the issue of my wearing a T shirt in protest not in any way shape or form as ameans of individual malice but as a reflection of the general unhappiness that is felt by several members who I have spoken to inrelation to the matter, many of whom have brought the matter up inconversation with me rather than the other way round! I therefore must ask you again whether it is the case that wearing such a T shirt as I have mentioned below would result in my membership being automatically terminated? A move that for obvious reasons I would regard as being draconian and unfortunate to say the least. I am at pains to seek clarity on the matter before I actually wear it to the gym I would be grateful for your response as soon as practicable.

In relation to your comments regarding donating money to Virgin Unite, upon consideration and consultation with others, a sensible and practical way forward to resolve this situation would appear to be for Virgin Active to directly donate the money saved from this towel initiative to an environmental charity with the amount being published for all to see. It seems only fair, do you not agree, that Virgin Active should make a sacrifice considering that they have forced their paying and loyal customers to forgo and integral and important part of their club membership.

I close by emphasising that I am grateful for your assistance to date in this matter and only mention the T shirt again as I wish to ensure that this discussion is kept at the constructive and respectful level it has been to date.

With thanks in anticipation for you response,

*****

No comments: